Skip to main content

Rabbit Holes: Manhattan Project

 

Original Date: Aug 5,2025

working on a presentation about the manhattan project. will keep adding stuff I find in the web. If you know more/better resources do add here! :) thank you

this is just a list of links for now. Will write about it in detail later.

From left to right: Kenneth Bainbridge, Joseph Hoffman, Robert Oppenheimer, Louis Hempelmann, Robert Bacher, Victor Weisskopf and Richard Dodson. 












Nov 13,2025
 
 
Books
books I am currently reading for this.





Notes


#1 Sep 28 2025







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rabbit Holes : The most complex machine on earth

first day of the year. last year I spent understanding the manhattan project.lets see what the upcoming 365 days bring.  [1 Jan 2026] [still writing..] I was watching Veritasium's new video The Ridiculous Engineering Of The World's Most Important Machine .  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Moore https://www.optica.org/history/biographies/bios/hiroo_kinoshita https://www.nature.com/articles/294429a0 https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-underwood-094b7031/ https://pubs.aip.org/avs/jvb/article/25/6/1743/591964/Extreme-ultraviolet-lithography-A-review http://web.mit.edu/8.13/www/JLExperiments/31/XBLx-raydatabook.pdf https://www.construction-physics.com/p/how-asml-got-euv https://www.tudelft.nl/en/jmburgerscentrum/fluid-dynamics-in-the-netherlands/my-fluid-flow/jos-benschop https://www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/euv_milestone.html https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/16710 http://wonka.physics.ncsu.edu/~blondin/wxyz/bproblems.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoresist ht...

Longitude and Latitude velocity plots

Longitude-velocity and Latitude-velocity plots Observing velocity profiles of the HI lines at different longitudes, we can derive a diagram in which the intensity distribution is mapped in the position-velocity space, namely in the l-vr plane. This is called a longitude-velocity diagram. The LV diagram is used for studying the rotation characteristics of the galactic disk as well as to derive the spiral structure.[ Y.Sofue, Galactic Radio Astronomy ]. The HI spectrums that I observed give us the information needed to construct the l-v diagrams. Data I'll write more about the "observation" part in a later post. But for now, just take it that we get the velocities and the corresponding latitudes from this data. Longitude-velocity plots l-v plot at latitude b=0 l-v plot using data at b=0 latitude In the longitude-velocity plot above you can see that the gas isn't spread everywhere i.e not randomly scattered across the velocity space but instead it forms these "str...